Are you planning a nontraditional, adventure-filled elopement? If so, make sure you capture the entire special journey with the right photographer. Why should you choose your elopement photographer especially carefully for these unique nuptials? Here are a few of the most important reasons.
1. It's a Big Commitment. Unlike more traditional elopements, adventure elopements and weddings involve more — and sometimes unusual — travel. The photographer may come with you for a full day, a weekend, or even longer depending on your plans. This means you need someone who can commit to the full event and is willing to go along with whatever adventure you have in mind.
2. It's a Unique Venue. Do you plan to say your vows on a mountaintop, by a waterfall, in the desert at sunset, or while off-roading in your favorite spot? These are great places for a unique wedding memory, but they can be challenging for photographers. The photographer you choose should ideally be familiar with the location or type of location. They may need to scout ahead, and they should have a plan for capturing the best from the spot.
3. It Requires Preparation. Once you and your photographer head out, there may be little or no access to supplies and replacement technology. There's often no going back for anything forgotten. And the photographer must be prepared to meet challenges on the go. You need confidence that they're up to the task as a traveler and as a service provider.
4. It Will Pass Quickly. Most adventure weddings occur outdoors, which means you'll enjoy limited time in the best lighting and weather conditions. The photographer will want the best possible conditions to work with, but they'll have a shorter period of time to get them than they may enjoy at a traditional indoor wedding. Assess how prepared they are to make the best use of all opportunities.
5. It Takes Flexibility. Outdoor weddings often have elements that are beyond your control. However, adventurous trips to glaciers, volcanos, or even the beach can be even more unexpected. You and your wedding crew will need to be flexible and able to make the best of any situation. CAn you expect sudden wind, Rain or snow, or tourists at your primary destination? Consider some scenarios to find out how flexible your chosen photographer will be.
Want to know more about photographing an adventure elopement? Contact a local company, like Shutterfreek.Share
21 March 2022
Ever since my parents allowed me to snap a few photos on their camera on vacation when I was a young child, I have loved photography. While we lived in the Midwest, I became hooked on taking photographs of the ocean and boats when we visited the Florida coast during one of our trips together. I found that just being near the ocean really made me happy, and after we returned home, I was able to "take the ocean with me" to experience that same feeling by taking photos of it. Being near the ocean is so calming and uplifting, but most people don't live near the coasts and don't get to experience its beauty every day. I now live by the ocean, so I decided to create a blog to share my tips about how you can best photograph the things you love.